Rugs are one of those things, which if taken care of, can last for ages. The good news is that can be done very easily by following a few simple tips:
1. Avoid taking shoes over carpets, preventive care is always better.
2. Use carpets brush often to keep the fibres separated, it also prevent dirt and grim from settling in.
3. Vacuum carpets twice a week and if there are pets, it is better to vacuum everyday.
4. Incase of odour, try natural remedies like using baking soda.Spread it generously all over, leave over night, it will absorb the odour and vacuum it thoroughly.
5. Good ventilation also helps to keep odour from building up.
6. Always give your carpet in the hands of professionals incase of major stains or wear and tear.