Bidjar is the name of a small Kurdish town in western Iran. Kurdish carpets are often very strong and compact, which makes them extremely durable. The name Bidjar denotes the meaning of durability to many carpet specialists. The weavers use their heavy comb, made of metal and wood, to beat the weft and the knots, so that the pile almost stands up. The surface of the pile therefore, becomes very compact, which prevents gravel and other small particles to be pressed into the carpet. The carpets are made with Turkish knots and are generally red and blue with beige elements. The Herati (also known as fish pattern) is the most common pattern, but medallions and floral themes are also prominent.
- Bidjar Wool Persian Tribal Hand Knotted Rug Diamond Medallion on Red Field 5.9 x 3.9 Feet.
Hand Knotted, Handmade from 100% Wool.
The yarns are dyed using plant dyes.
- PSI count of the rug is 130 x 85.
- Shipping is FREE on orders over $999 before tax.
- $25 flat rate on all orders under $999
- We offer free home trials within Toronto and GTA. Please contact us to arrange your free appointment today.
- If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, please contact us within 7 days of receiving your product(s) to obtain return information.
- We will refund the full amount on receiving the product(s). The returned products have to be in their original condition.
- The shipper will be responsible for the costs associated with the returning of the product(s).
- Please note that most of our products are handmade items and may have minor imperfections. If you would like additional photos or details of our rugs, please don’t hesitate to contact us.