Mir rugs are made in Western Persia's Arak area. In the 19th and 20th centuries, they were known as 'Seraband' (sometimes written Saraband) carpets, but for unknown reasons, they have recently been renamed Mir rugs. Commercially, Mir and Seraband rugs are particularly popular since they have relatively standardized designs that come in a wide range of sizes.
Mir rugs are easily distinguished from other Persian carpets because they all have the same signature design in the foreground: an all-over 'Boteh' (also known as Paisley in the west) pattern enclosed by a wide geometric border. Most weavers have their own take on this characteristic style, which may include a central medallion and corner pieces on occasion. The primary design, on the other hand, tends to stay the same.
- Mir Oriental Tan Wool Rug With Geometrical Black and Pistachio Borders 6 x 4 Feet.
- Handmade rug made from 100% Wool.
- The colours used for the thread are made from natural dyes that are extracted from vegetables.
- PSI count of the rug is 130 x 85.
- Shipping is FREE on orders over $999 before tax.
- $25 flat rate on all orders under $999
- We offer free home trials within Toronto and GTA. Please contact us to arrange your free appointment today.
- If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, please contact us within 7 days of receiving your product(s) to obtain return information.
- We will refund the full amount on receiving the product(s). The returned products have to be in their original condition.
- The shipper will be responsible for the costs associated with the returning of the product(s).
- Please note that most of our products are handmade items and may have minor imperfections. If you would like additional photos or details of our rugs, please don’t hesitate to contact us.